June 16, 2020
Re-opening Guidelines during the COVID-19 Pandemic – Green Phase
Based on the announcement by Governor Wolf on June 12th declaring Perry County in the green phase, all County buildings will re-open to the public effective June 19, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. County services are available to the public and doors will no longer be locked.
The guidelines presented in this document outline the procedures which will enable Perry County employees to safely work and interact with the public during the COVID-19 situation. These guidelines are in accordance with protocols set forth by Governor Wolf’s Reopening PA Plan, the PA Department of Health, and the CDC.
Employees working in the office:
· Telework will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
· Employees are encouraged to wear masks when in common areas (i.e. hallway, restrooms, kitchens, copier) and when interacting with the public and other employees. Masks are not required while in your specific office space, if social distancing can be maintained.
· Employees should observe frequent and proper handwashing and/or sanitizing guidelines.
· Employees should maintain social distancing while in the office area. Social distancing must be executed for all County common areas (i.e. hallways, restrooms, kitchens, breakrooms).
Office visitors and meetings:
· County offices will be open to the public for services.
· Virtual meetings are encouraged to prevent the spread of the virus. If face to face meetings are necessary, CDC guidelines should be followed.
· Visitors are encouraged to wear a mask upon entering a County facility.
· When allowing visitors into offices, a maximum of 75% total occupancy should be observed to facilitate social distancing.
· A public notice will be posted on all public entrances alerting visitors of the County guidelines.
Employee workspace area:
· Employees are responsible for sanitizing their personal workspace area and devices at end of each day with disinfectant spray.
· All commonly used office devices should be wiped down with disinfectant spray after each use.
· Employees choosing to used shared utensils, cups, etc. from the kitchenette areas are responsible for washing the items prior to use.
· All County vehicles will have hand sanitizer, spray disinfectant, paper towels, gloves, and masks placed inside.
· Employees will sanitize hands after refueling or after coming in contact with any surface outside of the vehicle.
· Each County employee is responsible for sanitizing commonly used surfaces before and after driving the vehicle.
· Bypassing the vehicle sanitizing guidelines by using your own personal vehicle is not permitted.
For departments that fall under the guidelines of a higher authority, please alert the Commissioners of any additional procedures that need to be followed.