Perry County is accepting applications until 4:00 p.m., April 22, 2011 for two part time custodians for County office buildings. Monday through Friday from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. Starting hourly rate is $8.50. High school graduate with four to six months experience in the cleaning field. Contact the Commissioners Office at (717) 582-5110 with questions. Applications are available in the Commissioners Office.
Grade 3 1002
Position Title: Janitor Department: Chief Clerk
Reports To: Chief Clerk
Purpose of Position
The purpose of this position is to clean building areas including offices, meeting rooms, halls, and bathrooms; and to maintain the grounds surrounding County buildings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required or assigned.
· Cleans building areas including offices, meeting rooms, halls and bathrooms; washes floors and cleans carpets; dusts furniture, pictures, etc.; washes glass doors daily; washes windows; empties paper cans.
· Monitors cleaning supply inventory.
· Replaces light bulbs as required.
· Mows grass and trims shrubbery.
· Rakes leaves and shovels snow as necessary.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
High school graduate and 0-30 days experience.
Minimum Physical and Mental Abilities Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
· Ability to operate a variety of janitorial equipment including sweeper, dust mop, etc.
· Ability to operate snow blower, leaf blower and lawn mower.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Language Ability and Interpersonal Communication
· Ability to follow instructions.
• Ability to work effectively in an office environment.
Perry County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.