Agricultural Resource Specialist
Perry County Conservation District is seeking an Agricultural Resource Specialist. This position is responsible for administering the state delegated Nutrient Management Program, the District No Till drill rental program, and natural resource technical assistance to Perry County residents.
Primary duties include:
1. Administer the State Nutrient Management Program including public education, plan reviews, field visits, investigate and resolve complaints, coordinate compliance actions, track program participant information, and submit quarterly and monthly activity reports.
2. Administer the Conservation District’s No Till drill rental program which includes the schedule and delivery of No Till drills to Perry County farms, assist farmers in drill use basics, and perform basic drill maintenance and repairs.
3. Provide technical assistance as needed, in the form of District agriculture programs and services.
Successful candidate MUST possess:
1. Mechanical aptitude, strong organizational skills, and learning capacity to obtain PA Act 38 Public
Nutrient Management Specialist certification within initial training period.
2. A Bachelor of Science degree in agronomy, agriculture, natural resource management or related
degree, or 3-5 years of related experience, or some combination of both.
3. PA driver’s license, a clean driving record, and have towing experience with a pick up.
4. Availability to occasionally work evenings and Saturdays.
Experience in the following is desired, but not required:
1. Nutrient Management Program or Manure Management Plan development experience.
2. A working knowledge of natural resource conservation Best Management Practices.
3. Crop farming.
Compensation includes starting salary of $17.11/hour along with a generous benefit package that includes health, vision, life and dental insurance, along with a County retirement plan after a 90 day probationary period. Compensation may be increased by the Salary Board in accordance with the Perry County Base Pay and Compensation Policy. For consideration please send resume, cover letter and references to: Perry County Conservation District, District Manager, PO Box 36 New Bloomfield, Pa 17068 or email@example.com
by February 15, 2019. A full job description is available on request. Call 717- 582-5139 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions. Perry County Conservation District is EEO compliant.