Agricultural Resource Specialist
Perry County Conservation District is seeking an Agricultural Resource Specialist. This position is responsible for administering the state delegated Nutrient Management Program, the District No Till drill rental program, and natural resource technical assistance, outreach, and programs to County residents.
Primary duties include:
1. Administer the State Nutrient Management Program including public education, plan reviews, field visits, investigate and resolve complaints, coordinate compliance actions, track program participant information, and submit quarterly and monthly activity reports.
2. Administer the Conservation District’s No Till drill rental program which includes the schedule and delivery of No Till drills to Perry County farms, assist farmers in drill use basics, and perform basic No Till drill maintenance and repairs.
3. Provide educational outreach in the form of site visits, newsletters, workshops etcetera to promote agricultural compliance with federal, state and local laws.
4. Provide technical assistance as needed, in the form of District agriculture programs and services,
and plan development assistance.
Experience in the following is desired, but not required:
1. Nutrient Management Program experience or certification.
2. A working knowledge of natural resource conservation Best Management Practices.
3. Manure Management Plan development
4. Agriculture Erosion and Sediment Control Plan Development
5. Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
Successful candidate must possess:
Mechanical aptitude, strong organizational skills, and learning capacity to obtain Act 38 Public Nutrient Management Specialist certification within initial training period. A Bachelor of Science degree in agronomy, agriculture, environmental science or natural resource management, or 3-5 years of related experience, or some combination of both. Must possess a PA driver’s license, a clean driving record and have towing experience with a pick up. Must be available to work some evenings and Saturdays.
Compensation includes starting salary of $17.11/hour along with a generous benefit package that includes health, life and dental insurance along with a County retirement plan after a 90 day probationary period. Compensation may be increased by the Salary Board in accordance with the Perry County Base Pay and Compensation Policy. For consideration please send resume and cover letter to Perry County Conservation District, District Manager, PO Box 36 New Bloomfield, Pa 17068 or firstname.lastname@example.org
by December 19, 2018. A full job description is available on request. Call 717- 582-5139 or e-mail email@example.com
with any questions. Perry Conservation District is EEO compliant.