Perry County is accepting applications until 4:00 p.m., Friday, May 27, 2011 for a full time Customer Service Representative for the Domestic Relations Office. Starting hourly rate is $10.68. Applicants need to be mature, have excellent communication skills, and one to two years secretarial experience. Must be able to multitask and learn quickly and be a team player. For information please call 582-2131 extension 2305. Applications are available in the Commissioner’s office or you may download one on the County web site www.perryco.org
under On-line Forms
Perry County Grade 6
Position Title: Customer Service Representative Department: Domestic Relations
Reports To: Director
Purpose of Position
The purpose of this position is to provide customer service to clients by telephone or in person.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required or assigned.
• Answers the telephone, take messages, provides assistance and directs calls.
• Picks up and delivers mail on a daily basis from court offices.
• Assists case administrators by preparing envelopes for the mailing of wage attachments, support orders, letters, etc.
• Assists case administrator when necessary by verifying required signatures, making copies, scheduling appointments.
• Assists other DRO staff by helping clients properly prepare documents such as complaints, petitions to modify, de novo appeals, etc.
• Retrieve information from computer terminal regarding payments, amounts paid, and disbursement dates.
• Knowledge of office procedures, case maintenance, using and understanding computer printouts.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
High school graduate with one to two years secretarial experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Minimum Physical and Mental Abilities required to Perform Essential Job Functions
• Ability to operate a variety of office equipment including typewriter, computer terminal, telephone, etc.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and calculate decimals and percents
Language Ability and Interpersonal Communication
• Ability to comprehend and interpret a variety of documents including letters and other correspondence, legal documents, legal information booklets, policy and procedure manuals, etc.
• Ability to prepare a variety of documents including letters and other correspondence, purchase orders, Legal documents, etc. using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
• Ability to record and deliver information, explain procedures, and follow instructions.
• Ability to use and interpret legal terminology.
• Ability to communicate effectively with County department heads and personnel, clients, attorneys, Judges, District Justices, and other courthouse personnel, and others verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work effectively in an office environment.
Perry County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.